Abruzzo Wine Safari & Truffle by
“The Gran Sasso National Park meets the Adriatic”
DAY ONE – Tuesday
Rome – Medieval Santo Stefano di Sessanio – Campo Imperatore - Rocca Calascio Fortress – Agriturismo La
- 09:30am/ 10:00am: Meet in Rome at FCO Airport
OR in Rome in front of the “Atlantico Hotel” on Via Cavour, right by Termini Station in Rome (upon request)
- Transfer to the fascinating medieval village of Santo Stefano di Sessanio, on the majestic Gran
- Upon arrival we will enjoy a Prosecco together as we discover the village’s picturesque corners before
- Our beautiful red Ferrari 612 Scaglietti F1 will be waiting for us outside the restaurant!
- Lunch will be in the village in the company of a Grower who will guide us through his selected wines
- After lunch, It will be time to rev up our exclusive supercar and set off on an incredible drive through the majestic Campo Imperatore
plateau and along its twisty open roads!
- Our V12 power unit will be put through its paces!
- Time permitting, a short
visit to the medieval Fortress of Rocca Calascio
- We then have a drive to reach our lovely Agriturismo La Rustica or Antica Dimora in the peaceful surroundings and sweeping hills of the
- After we have
settled in, for dinner we will be treated to special local delicacies in company of a local Grower from a local winery and selected wines, a proper introduction to the tasteful world of regional
good night’s rest
DAY TWO – Wednesday
Nocciano - Cantine Bosco Wine Tasting & Special Lunch - Wine Tastings -
Olive Oil Tasting & Special Dinner
- After breakfast, we reach the nearby Cantine Bosco, where Giovanna will guide us through their impressive Wine Museum followed by a
guided tasting at the winery
- Lunch will be a very special experience in the nearby hilltop town of Nocciano, as our lovely hosts Rossella and
Cecilia will prepare a unique culinary delight
- After lunch, return to
Agriturismo La Rustica for a bit of relax
- 18:00: Our destination is the hilltop town of
Bucchianico for an olive oil tasting experience at lovely Francesca’s passionately restored olive mill,
- We will park our
fabulous car in the Piazza where the locals will certainly come over to admire our Supercar and maybe ask for autographs!
- A short stroll
down Bucchianico’s narrow alleyways and we are all in for yet another treat as
dinner nearby will also be an incredible wine-tasting experience!
- Our sommelier Claudio will open his exclusive cantina for a wine-tasting aperitif and lunch with a delicious selection of local
- No worries if you have enjoyed your wine a lot!......we’re there for you!
- Return to Agriturismo La Rustica
DAY THREE – Thursday
Contucci Ponno Winery Estate –Agriturismo La Rustica (options)
- At a leisurely pace this morning, after breakfast we take a drive up North along the Adriatic coast to visit one of our most exclusive winery estates,
Contucci Ponno, where our host Giulia will treat us to their excellent wines paired with delicious local homemade food
- Then it will be back to Agriturismo La Rustica for a bit of relax before… sleeves up for a late afternoon cooking class with Mamma and our chef to disclose the secrets of fresh pasta, and
tomato sauces and the very best of fine Abruzzese and Italian cuisine.
- Or a wonderful Yoga
Masterclass conducted by our beautiful certified instructor, Daniela!
- Dinner with wines
presented by a Grower and tasting over dinner
DAY FOUR - Friday
Valle Reale Tasting Experience –
Villa Danilo – Truffle Hunting in the Woods – Truffle Dinner
morning we say goodbye to our hosts at Agriturismo La Rustica and we reach the beautiful Valle Reale Winery in Popoli, where our
lovely hosts will introduce us to some of the most exclusive organic Abruzzo wines in stunning surroundings!
walk through the vineyards before sitting for lunch accompanied by highly selected wines knowledgably introduced and described by our hosts
- Then it’s off to our lovely Hotel Villa Danilo in Gamberale, in the Maiella National
- Later this
afternoon, an authentic truffle hunt in the woods with our local truffle hunter Primiano along with his precious truffle gold diggers “Ruby” and
- Our destination will
be our host’s most secret spots in Abruzzo to unbury the precious underground delicacy… let’s cross fingers for good luck!
- Dinner will be at
Villa Danilo…with our own fresh truffles, of course!!
DAY FIVE – Saturday
Roman Sulmona - Rome
- After breakfast, we say goodbye to our hosts and drive to the classically beautiful Italian town of Sulmona, world renowned for its
confetti and jewellery tradition
- Drive along Sulmona’s elegant Corso Ovidio
- A leisurely stroll through this historical village to visit its shops and Sulmona’s Piazza Garibaldi towered by the historical Roman Aqueduct on
- We recommend a stop at Fernanda and Giovanna’s pretty
honey-shop by the piazza to purchase lovely and tasty special gifts and for a sweet honey-tasting
- Before sitting down to lunch, we will enjoy a trendy aperitivo sipping a glass of Prosecco
amid the buzz of Sulmona’s “passeggiata sul Corso”
- Lunch will be in one of Sulmona’s top restaurants
- After lunch, transfer to Rome…arrivederci Abruzzo!